Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our Vacation

We had the best time on our vacation last week. We stopped on our way to Tennessee in Spartanburg to have lunch at one of Stephen's favorites...The Beacon. Meredith was in town to visit her boyfriend who goes to school in Spartanburg so they meet us for lunch. It was so fun to see them.

We got into Pigeon Forge late Friday afternoon and decide to go on to our cabin to check it. It was amazing!! We recommend this place to anyone!! After checking it out and getting our stuff inside, we decided to go on into PF to check out what there was to do.

Saturday morning we got up early so we could do everything we could. We had an amazing breakfast at Flat Jacks and then spent the day shopping and sight seeing.

Sunday we went into Gatlinberg and road the tramway up the mountain. We got off into a ski lodge and walked outside to see the snow. When we walked out, it was packed with skiers on the slops. This was Stephen's first time being at a ski slop. We stood outside and watched for about 30 minutes. It was so fun to see Stephen react to all that was going on.

After we left Gatlinberg, we grabbed lunch and then headed into the Smokey Mountain National Park. We stopped at a place to park and walk along the creek. We got out on the rocks and jumped from rock to rock. We spent a little bit of time and then jumped back in the car and continued up the mountain. We got to the top of the mountain, looked around and then decided to continue on the road going down the mountain on the other side. We got to the bottom and saw a welcome sign to a word I can not even pronounce. We continued a little further and ended up in Cherokee Indian Reservation. We drove a little further and came up to Harrah's Cherokee Casino. Okay, at this point Stephen said he wanted to buy a map and figure a way to get back to the other side of the mountain without going back over. We pulled into a gas station. I figured I would try to mapquest it on my blackberry so I typed Cherokee, TN. It came up saying it wasn't found. So I found the address of the gas station on their window and plugged it in. As I read the address I realized that it said Cherokee, NC...NORTH CAROLINA?!! WHAT??! We have gone WAY TOO FAR!! Stephen got back in the car and I am laughing. I asked him to look at the address and we both start rolling. He still feels like he can figure it on in his giant map that he bought. I talk him out of that and just going back over the mountain. It took us about 4 hours to get over and 1 and 1/2 hours to get back. :)

We absolutely had a great time and can't wait to go back. You can check out the cabins http://www.bearfootproperties.com/.

Meredith, Garrett, me and Stephen


Our amazing Cabin!

Ober Gatlinberg

Does he look like he is falling?!

No comments: