I have to say right off the bat...I have the worlds GREATEST dad! For as long as I can remember, he has always been there supporting me in everything I do. From tap and piano recitals, to soccer games, band concerts (yes, I was a band geek for a couple of years)...the list goes on and on. He has always been the one to FIX ANYTHING...from things around the house to needing advise/answers. I have always known I could go to my dad with any question or problem and he would know the answer. He has a way of making me believe in myself. I will never forget the night I came home from my first Mary Kay meeting with business information in hand. I sat down on the couch and proceeded with a conversation that went something like..."do you think I can do this?" My dad looked at me and said, "Jessica, you have always been able to do anything you set you mind to do. If your hearts desire is to do this I know you will not fail." Those were the words I needed to hear. I became a consultant the very next day. You see, I look up to my dad so much. For the way he lead our family, the way he makes decisions (with A LOT of thought), the way he loves my mom, the way he shows love to Ben, Mere and me, the way he loves Stephen and considers him as his own son, the way he loves the Lord with his whole heart and it shows in everything he does.
Just as I inherited a new mom this past October marring into the Cline family, I also inherited an amazing new dad. Papa Cline has been such a blessing to me from day one. He has always been so kind and caring to me and loved me as his own daughter. That alone means so much. I love to see the relationship that Stephen and his dad have. Just by listening to Stephen talk about his dad, you know that he is a very special man. When Stephen and I went on our very first date, he could not stop talking about his dad. He was so proud of him. I thank the Lord for the Cline's and for the godly example that Papa Cline has been to Stephen. I know that he is the man he is largely due to the example that his dad set for him.
Happy Fathers Day Dad and Papa Cline!
I love you and am so thankful for you!


No comments:
Post a Comment