Thursday, June 5, 2008

My future IS SECURE in HIM...How GREAT is our God!

I first want to say thank you to my family and close friends who have been nothing but AMAZING to me this week. My heart is so full of emotions. This has been on of the most emotional and stretching weeks I have been through as long as I can remember.

I have been praying for quite a while that the Lord reveal is perfect plan for me. Praying that I would be still, knowing He is Lord and allowing Him to reveal himself to me…that He would close/open doors to allow me to know where He would be leading me.
I can definitely say, be careful what you pray for.

This past Monday it was evident that my time at BGEA would be coming to an end. I knew God was closing this door of my life but not sure where he would be opening the next. Talk about FAITH! It is a scary place to be…knowing God is closing a chapter of your life but not knowing where he is leading. The unknown is one of the most fearful things to me. The amazing support I received from my family and close friends has been a true blessing. They have prayed for me and been such an encouragement. My husband as been the most amazing through this. He has held me, prayed for me, encouraged me…wow, God is so good!! He truly is an amazing, Godly man and I am so blessed to be called his wife.

So, the next chapter of my life is getting ready to begin. I will make this transition this month. I know you are probably wondering what it will be...you will have to stay tuned to fine out. I will post about that in the coming days. I appreciate your prayers as I begin down this journey of FOLLOWING where the LORD leads. Not turning back, but moving forward to fulfill the plans He has for me. My 4 years at BGEA have been amazing and I am so thankful for the experiences I have had there. There will always be a special place in my heart for the great men and women that make up that amazing association. I appreciate each one of you.

WE do know that GOD is sovereign, HE is on the throne, He is in control and WE know HE will provide!

Stephen and I appreciate your prayers as we continue to seek the Lord and HIS plans for us.

FAITH…Forsaking All I Trust Him.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”…Jeremiah 29:11.

6 comments:

Ashleigh said...

There are tears in my eyes as I read this, knowing that it's finalized. Mixed emotions of course....sadness that my lunch buddy will be gone, but MUCH happiness that my precious friend will truly get to do what your heart desires, and excited for you about what the future holds. Our God is SO GREAT!! You know that you and Stephen have been and will continue to be in my prayers. I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Jessica--

I am moved and touched by your post. I know that BGEA will be very close to your heart and God always has a plan for everyone. I have you and Stephen in my prayers.
God Bless You!

Unknown said...

Jessica, You probably don't need me to throw in my two cents or tell you this but God is SOOOOOO much bigger than BGEA could ever be. THE best place to be is in the center of his will, as you know. This may be his way of protecting you, preserving you and using you in a way that you never could have been used exactly where you were. It will be exciting to see what he has in store!

Christy said...

Jess,

I HATE to hear that this has been such a hard week for you! But I couldn't agree more with what Hannah just posted above. God is SO MUCH BIGGER than BGEA. He's got amazing things in store for you and although it might be really scary stepping out not knowing where to go at this point, I admire the faith you have in the ONE who is ultimately in control. We are praying for you & Stephen.

Proverbs 18:10 "The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe."

Jessica said...

Thank you so much girls. I appreciate your kind, sweet words. These messages along with the many phone calls I have received have been so encouraging. Thank you for your love and friendship! :)

Kristen said...

I was in your situation a few weeks ago :-) I know you'll do great in whatever God has next for you!