Monday, June 16, 2008

My First Day as "Self-Employed"

This morning I woke up and it really hit me that I would not be going into a "traditional" job setting. It was a really weird feeling but at the same time felt SO good. I had so many phone calls and text messages from you girls...so sweet...wanting to know how my first day went so I thought I would post about it. So, here is what I did on my first day as "Self-Employed"...

I got up about 8:00...worked out for an hour and then had breakfast and jumped in the shower. I had planned to spend a few hours with my MK Director Sue so I headed over to her house about 10:30. We had a GREAT training session on booking ideas and really getting my head in the game of working my business on a more full time basis. We then ran out, got lunch and then came back and laid by her beautiful pool. It was such a great time of learning from the best and relaxing...and I got a lot of sun! :)
I then headed to another appointment I had about doing some part time work for one of Stephen's customers. I had such a great talk with her and am starting to get that game plan together.
I got home about 4:30 this afternoon and then jumped on the phone to make phone calls to book appointments. I left quit a few messages, confirmed an appointment for tomorrow and booked an appointment for next week. That felt SO good. Today ended up being a GREAT day!
Tomorrow I am running out with Huli to do some errands and plan to get some names while I am out. Then tomorrow night I have a color class at 5:00.
I think I can really get use to this schedule...such FUN!! :)

I will keep you posted on how things go. Thank you again for your prayers...I can really feel them. The Lord continues to reveal himself to me in so many ways through out the day. What an AMAZING God we serve!!

7 comments:

Niki said...

Good for you!! Let me know if you get bored and feel like babysitting! I wish you so much success!

The Zalks said...

Hey Jess! I've been praying for you and your new venture. Sounds like your a success already! =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess! You will do so well!
Praying for you! :)

Angela Cline said...

Awesome! I am very happy for you.

Ashleigh said...

Woohoo!! Way to go after it girl! :O) I'm SO glad that your day was so good and that you got to spend time with Sue. Got your message late last night but we will connect soon. Love ya!

Sue U said...

That's just ONE of many "pool planning" sessions in our J-O-B!! :) You're going to do JUST FINE, Jessica Cline!! I can't wait to get you to your next promotion! Work it, girl!

Christy said...

Jess, I'm so happy to hear things are going well...you can do it!! :) We're praying for you!!