Friday, September 12, 2008

I have a job!

So, many of you have heard my big news and are wanting to know details. Well, yesterday I got the phone call I have been waiting for! Here's a little background.

When I left BGEA back in June I started looking for work but got discouraged b/c the economy is so bad that I just decided I would work my MK business full time for a while. I have been home...working MK full time for about 3 months and I have really enjoyed it but I have just really missed being in a work environment. About two weeks ago, Stephen and I were talking and I told him that I was ready to get back in the work world. So, Stephen started making some phone calls and last week one of his previous co-workers referred me to a friend of hers who works for Hunter Hollis...a recruiting firm.

I met with Kim at Hunter Hollis on Wednesday...she said she thought she had a job I would be a good fit for. She called me on Thursday morning, asked if I would do a phone interview with the company...did the interview yesterday at 4:00 and at 6:09 my cell phone rang and Kim at Hunter Hollis told me I GOT THE JOB!!! We are so excited!!

I start work this Monday at SPX in Ballantyne...just about 10 minutes from my house. That in itself is exciting that I won't have a long commute. God is so faithful! We have been seeking him during this time in our lives and His timing is so PERFECT!!! And to get the phone call that I have a job on Stephen's birthday...that was such a GREAT gift for him!! :) I want to say THANK YOU to so many of you who have been so great this past wekk in helping me seek a job. I appreciate so many of you who have been praying for me...my parents, Stephen's parents, Jessica and Ben, and so many of my close friends...Your prayers mean so much to me.

So, there you have it. All Glory to God. He has taught us so much during this time in our lives. I said back in June no matter what happened, God would get the Glory. We have priased him in the dark days and we praise him for his faithful today. To God be the Glory, GREAT things HE has done!!!

4 comments:

Christy said...

YEAH!!!! Jess, that is AWESOME news and I'm SO happy for you. :) God is goood!!!!!!! Sorry I didn't get to see you last weekend while I was in town...it ended up being a crazy weekend. But I do however, hope to see you soon! :) Love ya.

Ashleigh said...

Yay! Congrats!! I had no idea about this but am excited for you!I'll be praying as you begin this. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new job!! I hope that it work well for you :)
Mary Kay and a new job!! How awesome is that? ! :)

Niki said...

Congrats on your new job! I hope they have nice HR people! :)