Monday, May 12, 2008

Our Weekend

On Thursday evening I saw a commercial for Garden Ridge and it said they had their patio furniture $50-200 OFF!!! I was so excited!! Since Stephen was working until dark on Friday night I told him I was going to go to Garden Ridge and see what they had. I mentioned I was going to Ashleigh and she said she would love to join me. So, off we went…in her Honda Accord. So, while we were there I found JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR…and it was a GREAT price!!! So, I convinced Ashleigh that we could fit it in her car…4 chairs, a table and umbrella with stand. She wasn’t so sure but after a few times of saying, “we got this…I know it will fit” she went along with me. We got the furniture, proceeded to go out to her car to put it in and well…and as my mom calls it…we had a Lucy/Ethel moment happened….IT DIDN’T FIT!!! Man, I was so sure it would. So, we moved Ashleigh’s car to the back of the parking lot where we had more room to work with to see if we could make it fit and again IT DIDN’T FIT!!! It was about 7:30 pm and the sun was starting to set so I figured Stephen would be getting off work soon so I called him to see if he could help and he said…GO BACK IN THE STORE AND RETURN IT…WE WILL COME TOMORROW TO GET IT. NOOOOOO…that was not the answer I wanted. So, Ashleigh and I called a few people we knew that lived somewhat close that could help but no one was available…I even called my parents and my dad said he would come and help. Just as I hung up the phone with my dad, Stephen called and said he would be there in 15-20 minutes!!! YEA!!! My Prince Charming to the rescue!!! So, Ash and I waited and then in the distance we saw him approaching…the Tundra with trailer and tank spryer in tow. Stephen got out of his truck…after working a 13 hour day, loaded up our new found deal and whisked it away to our home. He even stayed up and put our table together that evening…what a great Husband I have!!! Stay tuned for pictures of the final product. :)



Frost Yourself Event-Mary Kay
Saturday I worked an event in Uptown Charlotte at Dixie's Tavern with Mary Kay. It was from 2-7 pm and many vendors were there. It wasn’t the most ideal place but it was a chance to my name out there and to get potential customers names. My new friend Pam and I went to represtent MK and get names and bookings.



Mother's Day
Sunday was Mother’s Day and did we have a surprise for our mom!!! Ben and Jessica were planning on going out of town this past weekend because Ben didn’t have to play in the band on Sunday at Elevation. When they made their plans they didn’t realize it was Mothers Day. When my mom found out they would not be with us on her special day she was so sad. But last weekend my brother called and said that their plans changed and they would not be going out of town so they would be at FBC for church and then lunch...but, they didn’t want my mom to know…he wanted it to be a surprise. So, yesterday at church when my mom walked in to sit with Stephen and me she saw that Ben and Jessica were sitting next to us and she stopped right in her tracks. Her mouth dropped and she started crying. She was so excited to have all 5 of her children with her in church on Mother’s day. As a tradition at FBC, they have carnations and the children…not matter your age are asked to come get a flower and give it to your mother…this year, my mom got 5 flowers. It was very special for us all. After church we all headed to our home where we had lunch and opened gifts with mom. What a great day of family time it was.



2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Still laughing at us!! Oh what an adventure! Glad your prince charming could come rescue us! Fun times!!

Hopeful said...

You had a very busy weekend!! We had so much fun with you guys yesterday...Mother's Day was perfect!!